Using a griddle can be a great way to cook outdoors, especially when you have limited space or want to add something special to your outdoor kitchen setup. The Blackstone griddles are becoming increasingly popular due to their versatility, ease of use, and quality construction. So, how do you use blackstone griddles in an outdoor kitchen? There are many different ways you can use blackstone griddles in an outdoor kitchen design. For example, you can use blackstone griddles as countertops for cooking. You can also put blackstone griddles on outdoor kitchen islands. Another idea is to stack blackstone griddles to create sleek, modern countertops. Finally, you can combine blackstone griddles with refrigerators and sinks to create modern outdoor kitchens. Whether you’re building an outdoor kitchen for yourself or for a client, blackstone griddles are a great option.
Types of Blackstone Griddles
Blackstone griddles come in several different sizes and styles, including countertop models, tabletop models with legs or stands, and large freestanding units that can be used with either propane or natural gas fuel sources.
Each type has its own advantages depending on your needs and budget, so make sure you do your research before making any decisions.
Countertop models are great for smaller areas such as balconies or patios, while the larger freestanding units can take up more space but offer more cooking area.
Tabletop models are a good compromise between the two—they offer plenty of cooking area but don’t take up too much space.
Benefits of Using a Blackstone Griddle in an Outdoor Kitchen
The main benefit of using a Blackstone griddle is its versatility—you can cook almost anything, from pancakes to steak.
It also offers even heat distribution, which ensures food is cooked evenly without burning or sticking.
Additionally, it’s easy to clean since all you need is hot water and soap; no scrubbing is necessary.
Lastly, they are durable and built to last, so you won’t have to worry about replacing them anytime soon.
How to Use Blackstone Griddles In An Outdoor Kitchen
Blackstone griddles are versatile and can be used for a variety of cooking purposes.
They can be used to prepare pancakes, bacon, grilled cheese sandwiches, and eggs.
These griddles are suitable for use on a countertop or in an outdoor kitchen island.And they can be used to cook both indoors and outdoors.
Here are some tips on how to get the most out of your griddle:
- Ensure the griddle is clean before use – Before using your griddle, spray it with some cooking oil and wipe it down with a paper towel. This will allow it to heat evenly and prevent your food from sticking.
- Preheat the griddle – Preheating your griddle makes it easier to clean afterwards. Preheat the griddle on high for a few minutes and then reduce the heat to medium.
- Use the right amount of oil – Cooking oil prevents your food from sticking to the griddle, but using too much oil can cause your food to taste good but be unhealthy. When cooking, you should use just enough oil to cook your food and prevent it from being soggy.
- Use the right amount of heat – The temperature of the griddle should be medium-high to allow it to sear your food properly. If your griddle is too warm, your food will burn, and if it is too cool, your food will be soggy.
Setting Up the Blackstone Griddle for Use in an Outdoor Kitchen
Before you begin cooking on your new griddle, there are some important steps you should take first:
- Check the fuel source (propane or natural gas).
- Make sure all connections are secure (including hoses).
- Turn off any valves that may be open (for safety purposes).
- Light the burner according to manufacturer instructions (this should only take about 10–15 minutes).
- Once everything is ready, you can start preheating your griddle; this should take around 15 to 20 minutes, depending on its size.
- Once the oven is preheated, it’s time to start cooking.
Tips for Cooking on a Blackstone Griddle in an Outdoor Kitchen
When cooking on a Blackstone griddle, there are some tips that will help ensure success:
- Always preheat before adding food.
- Use oil or butter when cooking meats.
- Avoid overcrowding the griddle, as this will cause uneven cooking.
- Adjust the heat settings as needed.
- Keep an eye on food at all times.
- Use tongs instead of forks when flipping items.
- Allow the food time to rest after cooking.
- Clean the griddle after each use.
Following these simple tips will help ensure delicious results every time.
Cleaning and Maintenance Tips for the Blackstone Griddle
Cleaning and maintaining your Blackstone griddle is essential if you want it to last for years.
After each use, make sure you scrape off any excess food residue with a metal spatula, then wipe down with hot water and soap.
If there is stubborn residue, then try using baking soda as an abrasive cleaner—just sprinkle some over problem areas and scrub with a damp cloth. When finished, rinse with hot water and completely dry with paper towels before storing in its designated location.
To prevent rusting, it’s also important that you oil the surface after each cleaning session—just apply vegetable oil to a paper towel and rub it into the surface until it’s evenly coated.
This will help to protect against moisture damage, which could lead to rusting over time.
Safety Precautions When Using a Blackstone Griddle in an Outdoor Kitchen
When using any type of outdoor appliance, there are certain safety precautions that should always be taken:
- Never leave a lit candle unattended, and keep children away from the area during the operation.
- Always wear protective gloves when handling hot surfaces.
- Never overfill fuel tanks or cans.
- Store fuel tanks or cans away from heat sources when not in use.
- Never operate near combustible materials such as wood decks, fences, etc.
- Always follow manufacturer instructions carefully when setting up, operating, cleaning, etc.
- Double-check connections before lighting the burner, etc.
- Never attempt repairs on your own unless you are qualified, etc.
Following these simple rules will help ensure safe operation at all times.
Common Mistakes To Avoid When Using A Blackstone Griddle In An Outdoor Kitchen
When cooking outdoors with a Blackstone griddle, it’s important to avoid common mistakes.
First, it’s important to remember that the griddle is not an oven. So don’t try to cook anything that requires a lot of heat, such as pizza or bread.
Instead, cook foods that don’t require as much heat, such as eggs and pancakes. Second, it’s important to make sure the griddle is clean before starting to cook.
It’s easy for oil and other food particles to accumulate on the griddle, so it’s important to clean it thoroughly before starting to cook. It’s also important to use caution when using cooking sprays and oils on the griddle.
Some oils can burn easily on the griddle, and certain cooking sprays can clog the griddle’s pores, slowing the cooking surface.
To avoid these problems, try cooking with coconut oil or butter instead of cooking sprays and oils.
Finally, it’s important to cook slowly and avoid overcrowding the griddle. Too much heat will cause food to cook too quickly, which can be challenging to control.
The griddle’s surface can also be damaged if too many items are cooked on it at once.
In conclusion, Blackstone griddles are an amazing addition to any outdoor kitchen.
They allow you to cook a lot of food at once, reducing cooking time significantly. Furthermore, the griddles are versatile.
You can cook a variety of foods on them, including eggs, bacon, pancakes, burgers, sandwiches, and much more.
Finally, the griddles are easy to clean and maintain. They’re made of stainless steel, so they don’t rust and don’t require much cleaning after use.
Overall, Blackstone griddles are the best cooking appliances for an outdoor kitchen.