Are you looking for a healthier, quick way to make burgers?
Look no further. Grilling frozen burgers on a griddle or flat top grill is the ultimate option.
You’ll have delicious and flavorful burgers in no time with just a few easy steps. Grilling frozen burgers on a grill or flattop grill not only saves time, but it also gives the burgers an amazing flavor.
The heat from the grill or flat roof helps to create a crispy exterior while keeping the inside of the burger moist and tender. Plus, there’s no need to worry about flare-ups because these surfaces aren’t as hot as traditional grills.
This blog post will show you how to cook frozen burgers on a griddle or flat top grill. We’ll cover everything from which type of frozen burger to buy, how much heat to use, and how long they should be cooked for.
So, let’s get started.
What Type of Griddle or Grill is Best for Cooking Frozen Burgers?
Cooking frozen burgers to perfection doesn’t have to be a challenge.
With the right griddle or grill, you can create delicious and juicy burgers with minimal effort. When it comes to choosing the best cooking surface for frozen burgers, there are several factors to consider such as size, fuel type, and heat consistency.
The Blackstone Griddle is a popular choice for making frozen burgers. These griddles come in various sizes and are made from durable materials that guarantee long-lasting performance.
Blackstone griddles are known for their even heat distribution and excellent heat retention, both of which are essential for cooking frozen burgers perfectly. Cast iron griddles are another great option for making frozen burgers.
These heavy-duty griddles can be used on gas, electric, or induction stovetops and offer superior heat retention which helps cook your patties evenly without sacrificing texture or flavor. Flat top grills are also ideal for outdoor cooking enthusiasts who want to make delicious frozen burgers on their patio or backyard.
These grills provide an ample cooking surface and some even boast multiple burners for added versatility. Flat top grills can run on propane or natural gas, making them perfect for outdoor use.
They’re designed with excellent heat distribution and consistent temperatures which enable you to cook your frozen burgers evenly every time.
Preheating the Griddle or Grill
Ensuring that your griddle or flat top grill is preheated correctly is key to making the perfect frozen burger.
Without the right temperature, burgers may end up overcooked or undercooked. Follow these simple tips for preheating your cooking surface and you’ll be sure to get delicious and evenly cooked burgers every time.
For grilling frozen burgers, cast iron or stainless steel griddles with a flat surface are ideal, while flat top grills have larger cooking surfaces for more patties at once. Turn the heat on to medium-high and let it heat up for 10-15 minutes.
Before preheating, spread a thin layer of oil over the surface to avoid sticking and create a non-stick surface. If using a flat top grill, use an infrared thermometer to check that it’s at 375-400°F before adding your burgers.
Finally, be careful not to overheat the surface by preheating it for too long as this will cause the burgers to stick and burn.
Placing the Frozen Burger Patties
Cooking frozen burgers to perfection on a griddle or flat top grill is an art form.
With the right technique, you can create delicious, juicy burgers that your family and friends will love. To get started, preheat your device to 375 degrees F. This temperature range will help sear the patties and keep all of their flavorful juices inside.
Once the device is preheated, it’s time to place the frozen patties on the grill or griddle. Make sure they are spaced out evenly so they can cook properly, and avoid pressing down on them as this will dry out the meat.
When you’re done cooking, make sure the patties have reached an internal temperature of 160°F before serving them up with a toasted bun and toppings of your choice.
Seasoning Your Burgers
- Seasoning your burgers is a crucial step in creating an unforgettable burger experience.
- If done correctly, it can take your burgers to the next level with its unique flavor and aroma. It’s important to let your frozen patties thaw at room temperature for 15-20 minutes before seasoning them.
- This will ensure that the seasonings stay on the burgers and don’t get lost during the cooking process.
- To season, you’ll need a few basic ingredients such as salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika.
- Feel free to add any other spices or herbs of your choice for extra flavor.
- Generously sprinkle both sides of the burgers with kosher salt and black pepper then apply a generous amount of garlic powder and onion powder.
- Finally, add a pinch of paprika for a smoky flavor. Rub the seasonings into the burgers with your hands to make sure they are evenly distributed on both sides.
- Once seasoned, you’re ready to cook those delectable patties on a griddle or flat top grill – just remember to preheat the cooking surface first.
Flipping the Burgers
Flipping burgers is an art form.
When it comes to cooking frozen burgers on a griddle or flat top grill, there are a few simple techniques to follow for the perfect burger every time.
- First and foremost, resist the urge to flip the burgers multiple times as this can cause them to dry out and become tough.
- The burgers should only be flipped once during the cooking process, when you start to notice some browning on the bottom side. To loosen any burger from the grill or griddle before flipping, use a spatula – this will help prevent them from sticking and potentially falling apart.
- Once flipped, press down with your spatula for even cooking throughout the dish. When your burgers are cooked to your desired degree of doneness, use a spatula to separate them from the griddle or grill and place them on a plate or platter.
Cooking Time and Temperature
Cooking frozen burgers on a griddle or flat top grill requires precision and skill.
To create the perfect burger, you’ll need to get the temperature and cooking time just right. With the right technique and attention to detail, you can make delicious burgers that will tantalize your taste buds.
Preheat your griddle or flat top grill to 375°F for at least ten minutes before adding the patties. This will ensure that the surface is evenly heated and that your burgers are cooked evenly.
Depending on the thickness of the patty, it’s best to cook for seven to ten minutes on each side, flipping every few minutes with a spatula instead of chopping it. This will help retain all those juicy flavours.
It’s important not to overcook your burgers as this will lead to a charred exterior and dry, tasteless meat. On the other hand, undercooking can result in foodborne illnesses.
Adding Cheese to the Burgers
Cheeseburgers are an iconic dish that will never go out of style.
But adding cheese to frozen burgers or a flat top grill can be tricky. Fortunately, with the right technique and some helpful tips, you can become a master of cheeseburger-making.
- The first step is to choose the right type of cheese for your burger. American cheese is always a classic favorite, but why not switch it up and try something new?
- Cheddar, pepper jack, or Swiss all bring unique flavors to the table. If you’re looking for extra melty goodness, shredded cheese is also an option.
- Place the desired amount of cheese on top of the griddle during the final minutes of cooking and cover with a lid so that it melts evenly over the patty.
Serving Your Burgers
Creating the perfect burger is an art form, and it starts with presentation.
To ensure your burgers look and taste amazing, there are a few key steps you should take. Start by choosing a bun that is sturdy enough to hold all the toppings without falling apart.
Toasting it will also add flavor and crunch. When it comes to toppings, don’t be afraid to get creative – cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, and pickles are classic choices, but you can also try more adventurous ingredients like avocado or bacon.
When your burgers are cooked to perfection, it’s time to plate them up. Arrange them on a nice dish with some garnishes such as parsley or lemon wedges for an extra touch of elegance.
Serve with some delicious sides like fries or coleslaw and you’ll have yourself an unforgettable burger experience.
Also Read: How to Cook On Outdoor Griddle?
Cooking frozen burgers on a griddle or flat top grill requires precision and expertise.
But with the right tools and techniques, you can make delicious, juicy burgers that your family and friends will love. This blog post showed you how to prepare frozen burgers on a griddle or flat grill.
Now you have all the equipment you need to make mouthwatering frozen burgers every time.